6/20/14

Beautiful Dirt



I live here...






But I also live here,


And here, 
View from my window 


There is incredible beauty. 

But it is often masked by a lack of proper sewage. You cannot even flush toilet paper. (this is very hard to remember...)

A lack of proper garbage disposal. Trash lines most of the streets. 

And a lack of order. There are telephone wires everywhere. Criss crossing in between buildings. 

We were told our mattress would be delivered...
And it was...


There are no smog checks. There are no building codes (or at least if there are they are very confusing ones). There are few stop signs. 

Many homes are left unfinished because the owners run out of money. The top floor has no roof. Or the kitchen has no cabinets. 

I will have a gas stove because the electricity goes out at random times. 

So when you see this 



Know that I buy my meat here 


I do not say this to complain. No. I am so thankful to be where the Lord has put us. I am so excited and feel so privileged to be here. 

But I do want to create and portray a realistic picture. 

There is beauty. But there is more dirt. 

We did not move here because of the beauty. 

We moved here because of people. People that don't know Jesus. 

Painting helpers



And when I try a lamb face, I'll let you know...





1 comment:

  1. beautiful shots! Thanks for giving us glimpses of your new home. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete