This weekend, we had two teams in Pogradec at once. 30 Americans. We are quite the entertainment. The pile of boys that sit on the steps outside and watch our house is growing. Almost every day I meet a new one.
We are continuing to hear the stories from camp last week. There were a some kids at camp who had gone to the day camp in Pogradec. A few of them had such open hearts that week and seemed so close to receiving Christ. They just weren't quite there.
They went to camp. Heard more truth. Heard the gospel again and again. Heard about God's love for them.
They were some of the ones who gave their life to Christ last week! We are so excited for the summer to die down and to continue building relationships with these kids, to get them plugged into church, to see them discipled.
We are so thankful we do not have to leave this summer! This is home. We have watched the seeds be planted, we have watched the plant begin to grow, and NOW we get to stay and watch the fruit. We feel very privileged and blessed.
| Her SHIRT! She is trying to blow a bubble for a game. |
| Shiloh playing some Chess |
Thank you for your prayers for the sweet girl I mentioned in my last post. She had an amazing time at camp. So many people loved on her and shared with her.
She wants Jesus, but continues to believe she is too undeserving.
She wants, basically, to pay for the wrong she has done. She wants to be responsible and has not yet opened her heart to the grace of God. Please continue to pray for her. Continue to pray for her family.
She already however, is a different person. She smiles more. She is making friends. She is less insecure. She laughs.
We are going to begin studying the Bible together. I truly believe that God has His hand on her life.
In other un-camp related news....
*I have been practicing saying "djale"(boy) instead of "djall"(devil). The only difference is the "L" sound. They have two different "L's" and neither of them are the one in our alphabet. I need to have my tongue stretched or something because it is an intense struggle to make my mouth make some of these sounds.
When you are at a coffee shop or a restaurant, instead of saying "excuse me" like you do in America, you say "boy." So it's actually important that I learn to say "djale" correctly so as not to be yelling " Hey DEVIL!" in public at the waiters.
**There was a legit street fight outside our house the other night. Yelling. Fists to the face. The whole deal. We watched from our balcony and took pictures, because...why not?
***A year ago I was 20 weeks pregnant at camp. This year I have a 7 month old. Everyone tells you how fast time goes by but I truly cannot believe it.
I also cannot believe the opportunities that open up because of Shiloh. Everyone wants to hold her and kiss her and play with her.
Because of her, I talk with girls that might normally stand in the background.
I build relationships with women because we have babies the same age.
I relate to parents who are scared to send their kids to camp because I can tell them I understand, I have a baby, I would want all of the information as well.
She is truly a blessing in so many ways and we thank the Lord daily for her.
****We live next to a wedding venue. Like a foot away. Weddings here are a whole different ball game. They have a wedding for the bride AND a wedding for the groom. And it lasts for like a week and goes ALL night. SO the smell of burnt meat and the sound of very loud Albanian dancing music normally lulls us to sleep at night.
*****Three summers in Albania with these friends! They have been with us the whole way and I am so thankful for all of them and the blessing they've been to me.
Our FINAL camp for 2014 begins today. Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement. Pray for us to finish strong and hard!

No comments:
Post a Comment