Time flies when there's a newborn in your home.
The days and nights blur together.
Hours fly by like seconds.
So, nearly a month has flown by and I will pick up where I left off...
So while we were ready and waiting, we enjoyed the time in between.
While there were some crazy moments in the hospital, Taliah's birth itself could not have gone smoother. I was only in labor for 5 hours. We ended up arriving to the hospital 45 minutes before she was born.
And...that is why we spent the month in Tirana. We actually wouldn't have made it to the hospital if we had been in Pogradec!
The greatest challenge was the language barrier and the fact that I wanted a natural labor. The doctor had a bit of a different philosophy.
In the end, I agreed to "collaborate" by being silent and monitored during the end of my labor. Probably the hardest 45 minutes of my life.
It is unnerving when you are being talked about but you don't know what is being said.
And the fact that I came in at the end of my labor absolutely freaked the doctors and nurses out.
There was a distinct moment when I remember thinking "This is very different..."
We had just arrived at the hospital, Cory and Melodie were stopped at the entrance to put on surgery garb, and I was literally pushed into the delivery room by myself.
I could barely open my eyes from all of the florescent lights, there were 4 gloved, masked nurses staring wide eyed at me. One was trying to stick an IV in my arm while I tried to pace through a contraction. Another was trying to make me sit on the bed.
I picked up words but not complete sentences. I legitimately didn't know what was going on.
The doctor was snapping his gloves on without a word.
Finally, Melodie came in and was able to talk with the doctor and express my wishes. I could not have done it without her. Knowing someone knew what I wanted, was able to communicate that and was fighting for me was huge.
20 minutes after the doctor told me I wasn't close and needed an epidural (which I refused because I'm terrified at the idea of having a needle in my spine)...
Taliah was born at 10:15 pm on her due date, healthy and beautiful. I was able to leave the hospital less than 24 hours later.
In the end, the doctor said it was "a perfect birth."
I've recovered quickly and she is gaining weight and eating well.
I'm so thankful and relieved and feel very blessed and undeserving.
We are back home in Pogradec and getting used to life as a family of 4.
Thank you for your prayers and encouragement as always. I know that people were praying for me and for us all along the way.
![]() |
| Taliah Pauline Cramer 7 lbs. 8 oz. 19 inches long |
![]() |
| Melodie :) |
![]() |
| My Dad was able to visit a few days after Taliah was born. We had the best time with him and Shiloh sure does think he's the best! Love you Dad! |
| Here we are in an alley in Tirana trying to get Taliah's passport. It was quite a long day if you can't tell... |
| I really love these girls :) |
Now, Pogradec is coming alive in so many ways for us. Not only is the weather warming up but our life is so much more full here than it was a year ago when we arrived.
We are so thankful to be home and so excited for what the next months will hold.




Love this & love your sweet family!!!!
ReplyDelete