10/28/15

Here's to Winter!

A few days ago we said goodbye to my Aunt Tracy and cousin Stephanie. 

They flew back from America with us and we had the best time with them. It was so sad to see them go. Shiloh loves them both and I know she will miss them as much as we will. 

Today she looked at me and said "Goose? Bye Bye?" (We call Stephanie "Goose")



After almost 6 months of non-stop visitors, our house feels so quiet and empty with just the four of us. 

We had a few days here and there without people, but other than that we have had family and friends and teams since May. It has been a blast and we are sad that it is over. 

But we are also looking forward to what this new season will bring. 

While there are a few things I am not totally excited about such as: 

The cold.

The snow. 

The ice. 

This means I will be inside A LOT. 

This means our water pipes will freeze and we will have to boil water to dump on the pipes outside to thaw them. 

This means we rearrange our kitchen/living room so that our stove can go through the chimney. 



This means there is a big metal pipe going through the girls room for the stove. And it leaks water when it rains. (Shiloh just woke up and was not happy about this picture being taken)



This also means I won't take very many showers because the bathroom isn't heated and the hot water runs out too fast. Sorry Cory. 

But, I'm a wimp. There are so many people who have so much less than me and deal with the winter way better than I do. 

So here's to being THANKFUL and focusing on what I CAN look forward to about this season: 

Building deeper relationships with the girls in my bible study as I will have more time to focus on them. 




Spending more time studying Albanian. (We have told our teacher that she has a job for life...because that's how long this is going to take us!)

Our winter events like the Drama and Winter Challenge

Special time with my sweet little family. 



Our new church and all of the excitement and challenges that brings. 







So, I am thankful for the seasons. (I don't think I ever thought I would say that, let alone actually think it)

Both outside and inside our little home. 

Here's to Winter! 

I skip Fall because cold is cold. Cold is Winter. It's probably still Fall, technically, but it's cold so....

Winter. 

In many ways this winter will also look different than last winter did. 

With the start of our new church, there is much more ministry going on within our city. 

Last year we were predominantly focused on youth.

But from that has grown incredible opportunity. 

We have a women's bible study (which I have talked about before). 

We now have a Jr. High girls bible study. 

We are doing Children's ministry at church on Sunday. 

We are starting Awana. 

We are training the "leaders" in our youth group to be leaders. 

We will have students begin their own bible studies. 

And I think what makes it all feel so "full" is that right now, there is really only us 3 couples working at this. 

This includes everything that comes with a church service: music, preaching, set up, "community" time (which means we make desserts each week), children's ministry ect. 

It is kind of crazy to watch this all happen right before our eyes. I don't even really know how to process it. 

When we first came here I don't think I realized what we would watch God do. 

Here is a picture of our first "team" meeting since the Lambert's arrived. 




We are so excited for what is to come, overwhelmed with what needs to be done, and thankful for each other. 


No comments:

Post a Comment