5/3/17

Flight Delay

So far our flight has been delayed 3 hours. 

First there was an air traffic delay. 

They said it was windy in Newark so the planes couldn't land normally. 

Everyone who had friends in Newark said that they said it was a nice sunny day. 

SO...

Then there was a problem with the airplane flaps. 

I don't know much about how airplanes work but I'm pretty sure the flaps are important. 

Taliah pooped her pants a couple of hours ago. 

Jude just decided to follow suite. 

I'm pretty sure there is poop on my pants. Jude's. Not mine. 

The man next to me smells like fish and vinegar. 

There is a full grown dog 2 aisles ahead of me. 

A dog. Not a puppy or a chihuahua. A dog. 

At this point we have missed both our connecting flights. 

So when people say 'how do the kids do flying?' The answer is relative. 

The actual flying is not a big deal. The kids get snacks and movies. They are in heaven. 

It's the actual travel process that can be a nightmare. 

We've been stuck in countless European cities with delayed flights and
 missed connections.

Oh and we're sitting in the back of the plane. 

The toilet flushes every couple minutes and everyone seems to congregate back here. 

At this point we have been 'traveling' for 6 hours and are only an hours drive away from where we started from. 

A couple of years ago I would probably be in tears. Worried about my kids lack of sleep. Worried that the airline won't cover the cost. Worried that the flaps are broken and we're all going to die. 

I'm not kidding. 

But now I kind of expect problems.
I know we will survive. 

I mean unless the flaps are broken and we crash. 

So now we're off the plane. 

I passed another dog on my way off. What in the world? 

Shiloh thinks that they didn't clean the airplane good enough so it's not a good plane. 

She did get to go in the popkit (cockpit) so that's good news. 

I'm now in a long line to rebook my flight. 

Oh and by the way, it's United. 

The couple behind me is M A D. 

The girl said 'I would rather have to be dragged off a plane than go through this stuff.' Except she used a different word that started with s. 

No shortage of United jokes. 

Another dog just walked by. 

Something weird is going on here. 

Meanwhile the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day in Florida. 

All my kids are troopers. The girls spent a long time crawling between all the chairs. 

Jude is sleeping. 

I'll keep you filled in. 

It's been an hour and I'm still in line.

The dog lady is worried because her dog has to go to the bathroom. 

Is that what you say for a dog? 

Shiloh just walked up and I asked her what she ate and she said 'a dog.' Right in front of the dog lady. 

She just left to take him potty. 

I stood in that line for an hour and half and then another line for an hour and a half. 

So now it's been 11 hours. We just got to a hotel. 

And we didn't fly anywhere. 

Yes we are still right where we started.

Just starting the whole process over tomorrow. 

We did get on and off the plane so the girls at least think we went somewhere. 

And we don't have our bags. I have poop and spit up on me....

To my pleasant surprise I was actually the calmest person in line all day. 

I'm usually not. I've had my fair share of airport screaming matches. I'm not necessarily proud of it. It's just the truth. 

So I guess I'm learning. Learning how to be better at 'our life.' 

This is the reality of living in two worlds and two countries. 

It's happened before and it will happen again. 

And I love this little family of mine. I love doing this with Cory. 

It's just a bad day in the midst of my beautiful, blessed life. 

So we'll reset and start over again tomorrow. A little dirtier. 

Oh and Jude just spit up in my mouth.

For the kingdom.







No comments:

Post a Comment